Friday, March 28, 2008

ChileCo in the house



"in the house" literally in my house :)
Recently due to a logistics issue Kate had to have one of her wedding couples do a tasting at our home. The caterer was Chef Scotty of ChileCo, I have to tell you that I was skeptical (knowing what usually comes out of my kitchen) but I was amazed at the creations that streamed out of my woefully inadequate cooking space. Armed with two small coolers Chef Scotty prepared dish after dish of delectable Asian Fusion masterpieces, most of witch had several fresh ingredients that were so exotic I had never heard of them. 


With each course he would describe what we would be tasting, the descriptions were an appetizer by their own right. His passion for culinary creation is evident even when he is simply describing the dishes. With each sampling our favorite was trumped by the new offering. I won't attempt to offer any details about what we sampled as my words would be only a disservice. I will however give this to illustrate the harmonic explosion of flavors that night... it's like looking at the color of Van Gogh's "The Cafe Terrace" after only seeing the world in black and white.


1 comment:

Erin Pollard said...

I've seen what comes out of your kitchen too, and I am impressed too! :)