Friday, March 21, 2008

Las Vegas Road Trip


March so far has been a busy month, in addition to the many sessions we have photographed it also brought the annual WPPI (Wedding and Portrait Photographers International) conference and trade show in Las Vegas. This was my second year to attend and to add to the fun myself and 3 Resolusean photographers decided to pile in the jeep and make a road trip out of it. Every time I have driven to Vegas I have told myself "next time I will stop and take photos of that..." this time we did. 

As usual the conference was inspirational, the classes were informative and the trade show showed me all the new stuff I simply must have. However, the best part of the trip was all the great people we met and the old friends we reconnected with. We met great people from all over the world but had the most 
fun with a group from the Lake Tahoe area and a group of East 
coast.

Even though we had a wonderful time, I was happy to get home to San Diego... 8 days in Vegas is 5 days too many for me.

And remember, if you believe "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" then think about this... if that were true, you would have to hand over your cameras at the city limits. More likely is the statement "what happens in Vegas will be on 
youtube tomorrow". 

No comments: